Priyanka Barve was born on Tuesday, April 10, 1990, in Pune, Maharashtra, India. October 11, 2023, she is 33 years and 6 months old. She is an Indian playback singer and actress. She has sung songs in various Indian languages such as Marathi, Hindi, and other regional languages, but she is most active in the Marathi film and entertainment industry. In the year 2019, she sang for the film ‘Panipat’ directed by Ashutosh Gowarikar, in which her song ‘Mard Maratha’ was highly appreciated by the audience.
But, she is best known for the 2016 Firoz Abbas Khan-directed musical drama Mughal-e-Azam, which was based on the iconic Hindi film Mughal-e-Azam starring Dilip Kumar and Madhubala. Here in this musical play, Priyanka along with Neha Sargam played the character of ‘Anarkali’. Both the lead actresses had to do both singing and dancing and the role of ‘Anarkali’ was played alternately by both the actresses.
Priyanka Barve Biography
Priyanka Barve’s Early Life
He was born in Pune, Maharashtra, India, and completed his early schooling at Nutan Marathi Vidyalaya (NMV High School), Pune; Located at 21, Bajirao Road, Budhwar Peth, Pune, Maharashtra 411030. Later he completed his graduation (M.A. in Electronics) from the famous Fergusson College, Pune; Located at Ferguson College Road, Shivajinagar, Pune, Maharashtra 411004.
Priyanka Barve Family
She belongs to a musical family, where she is the granddaughter of veteran singers Pandit Padmakar Barve and Malti Pandey-Barve. Her father’s name is Rajeev Barve, who is a famous singer, and her mother is a poetess named Sangeeta Barve. She has a younger sister named Pranjali Barve. She is married to a young, dynamic, and talented artist named Sarang Kulkarni, and the lovely couple has a son named Yuvan, who was born in the year 2020.
Her early guidance in classical music and singing came from her grandmother Malti Pandey-Barve during her school days. She started singing professionally at the age of 18, but after completing her graduation, she chose singing and acting as her full-time career and started singing songs in various Indian languages such as Marathi, Hindi, and other regional languages.
Know more about Priyanka Barve’s age, wiki, height, weight, husband, birthday, biography, net worth, web series, and family.
Priyanka Barve: Biography/Wiki
|Date of Birth||April 10, 1990|
|Age (As of 10/11/2023)||33 Years|
|Hometown||Pune, Maharashtra, India|
|Residence||Pune, Maharashtra, India|
|Profession||Indian Actress & a Playback Singer|
|Known For||Her songs, which she has sung in various Indian languages like Marathi, Hindi & other regional languages, but she is most active in the Marathi Film and Entertainment Industry.|
|School||Nutan Marathi Vidyalaya (NMV High School) in Pune|
|College/University||Fergusson College in Pune|
|Education Qualification||Graduation (M.A in Electronics)|
Priyanka Barve Family & More
|Grandfather||Pandit Padmakar Barve|
|Father||Rajiv Barve (Singer)|
|Mother||Sangeeta Barve (Poet)|
|Sister||Pranjali Barve (Younger sister)|
Priyanka Barve Personal Life & Relationship
|Children||She has a baby boy named Yuvaan who was born in the year 2020|
Priyanka Barve Height & Weight
|Height (Approximately)||In Centimeters – 165.1 cm|
|In Meters – 1.651 metres|
|In Feet Inches – 5’5″|
|Weight (Approximately)||In Kilogram – 55 Kg|
|In Pounds – 121.254 lbs|
|Body Measurements||Not Known|
Priyanka’s career largely revolves around her acting and singing skills, which she implements with perfection. Her “Mahaganapatam” and “Ban Than Naar” songs, which were released under the Priyarang project, received a lot of appreciation and attention from the audience.
Priyarang Project is a project created by Priyanka Barve (Priya) and Sarang Kulkarni (Rang), who together form the project “Priyarang” (Priya-Rang) with some other renowned artists to explore different shades of music.
She has performed with the likes of Rahul Deshpande and Swapnil Bandodkar at the Elephanta Festival and Ajay-Atul’s Ajanta-Ellora Festival. She performed with the famous and talented singer of the Hindi film industry ‘Sonu Nigam’ at the Mirchi Music Awards. She was seen in the lead roles of ‘Bhamini’ and ‘Revati’ in the plays ‘Sangeet Manapaman’ and ‘Sangeet Saunsay Kallol’ opposite famous classical singer Rahul Deshpande.
Priyanka hosted Zee Yuva’s ‘Sangeet Samrat Season 2’ and ‘Ude Ga Ambe Ude’ on Colors Marathi, where the audience also appreciated her hosting skills. She has sung tracks for various web-series like “Mala Sasu Haavi”, “Assa Sasar Surekh Bai”, “Ithech Taaka Tambu” and “Jadubai Jorat”.
His music video was also greatly appreciated by the audience. She made her music video debut in the year 2014 with the song “Premala”. This song was sung by Priyanka and music was given by Vishwajeet and Avinash. The lyrics were written by Satyajit Ranade and the song and music video were released on Sagarika Music.
In “Patch Up Song”, she was cast opposite Akshay Waghmare, and the lyrics of the song were written by Sangeeta Barve. This song was sung by Priyanka Barve and Jasraj Joshi themselves and the music of the song was given by Satyajit Kelkar. The choreographer of this song was Megha Sampat. This song was released in the year 2016.
Her song “Ala Ghan Bharlela” was released on June 4, 2020, on Sagarika Music – Marathi the song was sung by Priyanka the lyrics were written by Sangeeta Barve, and the music of the song was composed by Satyajit Kelkar.
Her song ‘Mard Maratha’ sung in the film ‘Panipat’ directed by Ashutosh Gowarikar was highly appreciated by the audience. ‘Panipat’ was released in the year 2019. Her songs in the Marathi film ‘Ram Madhav’ directed by ‘Mrinal Kulkarni’ were also greatly appreciated and recognized by the audience.
Her performance of ‘Anarkali’ in the play “Mughal-e-Azam (Musical)” was one of her best performances on stage. The musical drama was directed by Firoz Abbas Khan and produced by the Shapoorji Pallonji Group. The show was well received by critics in the media and entertainment industry and received seven out of fourteen BroadwayWorld India Awards, including Best Play, Best Director, and Best Costume Design awards.
Here, in the play “Mughal-e-Azam (Musical)”, she played the role of ‘Anarkali’ together with Neha Sargam. Both the lead actresses had to do both singing and dancing, hence the role of ‘Anarkali’ had to be played alternately by both the actresses. The premiere public show of the musical was held at Jamshed Bhabha Theater on October 21, 2016.
In the year 2013, he also showed his acting skills, which were liked and appreciated by his fans and audience. She was seen in the role of Nishant’s ex-fiancée Madhura Godbole in the film titled “Lagna Pahave Karun” (English meaning: You should try on marriage). In the film, extremely talented Marathi actors ‘Mukta Barve’ as Aditi Tilak and ‘Umesh Kamat’ as Nishant Barve were seen in lead roles.
The lead pair was supported by Tejashree Pradhan as Anandi Rahul Kulkarni; Siddharth Chandekar as Rahul Kulkarni; Swati Chitnis as Nalini “Nalluthai” Dixit; Jayant Savarkar as Aditi’s grandfather; Mansi Magikar as Nishant’s mother; Umesh Damle as Nishant’s father; Seema Chandekar as Rahul’s mother; Sayali Deodhar as Prafulla’s girlfriend; and Priyanka Barve as Madhura Godbole.
The film was written by Sameer Vidwans and Kshitij Patwardhan and directed by Ajay Naik. It was produced by Mohan Damle, Kiran Deshpande, and Sanjeev Langarkande, and the film’s music was composed by Ajay Naik. The film was released on 4 October 2013 under the Solaris International banner.
Filmography (Role, Songs, Movies)
- Year 2013 – Lagna Pahave Karun – Cast as Madhura Godbole
- Year 2014 – Rama Madhav – Playback Singing for the song “Swapnihi Navhte Disale”
- Year 2014 – Mukkam Post Dhanori – Playback Singing for the song “Ha Mast Sama”
- Year 2015 – Mumbai Pune Mumbai 2 – Playback Singing for the song “Band Baja Song”
- Year 2015 – Online Binline – Playback Singing for the song “Tu Havishi”
- Year 2015 – Double Seat – Playback Singing for the song “Man Phiruni”
- Year 2015 – Biker’s Adda – Playback Singing for the song “Rimzim Rimzim”
- Year 2016 – Lost And Found – Playback Singing for the song “Saawalya”
- Year 2016 – Pindadaan – Playback Singing for the song “Kadhi Ni Kase”
- Year 2016 – 702 Dixit – Playback Singing for the song “Vighnaharta”
- Year 2016 – Mughal-e-Azam (Musical) – Casted as ‘Anarkali’ in the play
- Year 2017 – Conditions Apply – Playback Singing for the song “Tuzech Bhaas”
- Year 2017 – Ghuma – Playback Singing for the song “English Shikvun Soda”
- Year 2017 – Bus Stop – Playback Singing for the song “Move On”
- Year 2018 – Hostel Days – Playback Singing for the song “Chala Re Nachu Gau”
- Year 2019 – Sur Sapata – Playback Singing for the song “Rang Bhari Re”
- Year 2019 – Krutant – Playback Singing for the song “Ye Firuni Bhet Punha”
- Year 2019 – Anandi Gopal – Playback Singing for the song “Waata Waata Waata Ga”
- Year 2019 – Ashi Hi Aashiqui – Playback Singing for the song “Teri Meri Meri Teri Aashiqui”
- Year 2019 – Panipat – Playback Singing for the song “Mard Maratha”
- Year 2014 – Song named “Premala”
- Year 2016 – Song named “Patch Up Song”
- Year 2018 – song named “Satarangi Rajasthan” (Hariprem Films Rajasthani)
- Year 2019 – Song named “Azhaikka Vandhaayo” (Official Music Video Tamil language)
- Year 2020 – Song named “Ala Ghan Bharlela”
Playback for Television Serial’s Title Songs
- Year 2012-2013 – Mala Sasu Havi (Zee Marathi)
- Year 2015-2016 – Assa Saasar Surekh Bai (Colors Marathi)
- Year 2019-2020 – Swamini (Colors Marathi)
- Year 2021-Present – Swabhiman – Shodh Astitvacha (Star Pravah)
Achievements & Awards
- She won the “Vasantrao Deshpande Smruti Emerging Music Artist Award” from the All India Drama Council, Pune award in the year 2016.
- She has also won the Lokmat’s Style “Maharashtra’s Most Stylish Theater Personality Award” in the year 2017.
- From the Rotary Club of Bombay Metropolitan in recognition of their achievements in the field of Drama and Entertainment at the hands of ‘Kiran Shantaram’, she was facilitated with the prestigious vocational award for her role played in the play named “Mughal-e-Azam (Musical)”.
- She was also honored for her contributions & achievements in the Marathi Film Industry with the “Pulotsav Tarurnai Sanman” award in its 14th edition in the year 2018.
- She won the prestigious “Maharashtra State Film Awards” for her playback singing for the film ‘Bandishala’ in the year 2019.
Favourite Things & Hobbies
- Favourite Actor – Aamir Khan, Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan, Akshay Kumar
- Favourite Actress – Katrina Kaif, Priyanka Chopra, Madhuri Dixit
- Favourite Movie – Not Known
- Favourite Singer – Lata Mangeshkar, Asha Bhosle
- Favourite Song – Not Known
- Favourite Sportsperson – Sachin Tendulkar
- Favourite Personality – Not Known
- Favourite Foods – Pizza, Pani Puri, Ukadi Che Modak, Puneri Misal, and all Maharashtrian Dishes.
- Favourite Destination – Goa, Konkan, London, Paris
- Hobbies – Reading Books, Travelling, Singing
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Who is Priyanka Barve?
Priyanka Khera is an Indian Actress and a Playback Singer. She has sung songs in various Indian languages like Marathi, Hindi & other regional languages, but she is most active in the Marathi Film and Entertainment Industry.
What is Priyanka Barve’s Age?
Priyanka Barve was born on Tuesday; 10th April 1990 in Pune, Maharashtra, India. Her Age (As of 01/03/2022) is 31 Years 10 months and 21 Days. She has an Indian Nationality.
Who are Priyanka Barve’s parents and grandparents?
She belongs to a musical family, where she is the granddaughter of the veteran vocalists Pandit Padmakar Barve and Malati Pande-Barve. Her father’s name is Rajiv Barve who is also a renowned singer and her mother is a poet, her name is Sangeeta Barve. She has a younger sister named Pranjali Barve.
Is Priyanka Barve Married?
Yes, She is married to a young, dynamic, and talented artist Sarang Kulkarni and the lovely couple have a baby boy named Yuvaan who was born in 2020.
Some Lesser Known Facts
- Does Priyanka Barve know cooking? – Yes
- Does she smoke? – Not Known.
- Does she drink alcohol? – Not Known.
- Does she go to the gym? – Yes
- Who is her first crush? – Not Known
- Who is her husband? – Sarang Kulkarni.
- Her Grandfather’s name is Pandit Padmakar Barve
- Her Grandmother’s name is Malati Pande-Barve
- Her Father’s name is Rajiv Barve (Singer)
- Her Mother’s name is Sangeeta Barve (Poet)
- Her Brother’s name is Not Known
- Her Sister’s name is Pranjali Barve (Younger sister)
- Her Children – She has one son named ‘Yuvaan’
- Her nickname is Priyanka / Priya
- Her height is 5’5″
- Her Weight is 55 kg.
- Her Net Worth is Not Known
- During her early childhood, she always had an ambition in acting and singing, and hence soon after completing her graduation, she began her career in singing.
- Her initial guidance in classical music and singing came from her grandmother Malati Pande-Barve during her schooling days.
- She started singing professionally from the age of 18, but after completing her graduation.
- Apart from her TV serials Title Tracks, she has sung in various music videos & films in various languages.
Priyanka Barve Instagram, Facebook, Twitter & YouTube Channel Links
Priyanka Barve Age, Wiki, Husband, Family, Biography, Instagram